Mar 18, 2009

Wait

Wait... we do we ever like that word. Waiting seems to be the hardest thing at times. From waiting to a stoplight, to waiting for a phone call, to waiting on a new day. I am faced daily with small to big things to wait on. Often, I see I don't respond with patience, but with frustration. I recognize the selfish nature in me to think everything is suppose to happen my way or for me. Once again, back to last week's sentence on realizing life is not about me... and doesn't center around me!! A truth that I must know not in my mind only but with the attitude and actions of my heart.

I am learning to be more silent, still, which is basically waiting. Oh how I fight that stillness to just wait. Wait on what? In my mind there is always something to do or something I want to do. So I have trouble waiting... even more importantly Waiting on the Lord. WOW... I have trouble waiting on the Almighty, All powerful, All Knowing God. That is humbling to acknowledge but ever so true in my life right now. Oh how I want to Know the Lord and know him as in to wait on him. I have been reflecting on this : Be STILL and KNOW that I AM GOD Psalm 46:10. How often I don't want to be still, (wait). However, I am robbing myself of knowing the Lord in this way.

I am beginning to see there is something about this stillness. I am left in awe of God. For HE is so HOLY, so GOOD, so AMAZING! It is then, he catches my gaze, and somehow, I want to wait. I see him, I feel him, I know him. That is all that matters, of course I will wait. I begin to see that the more I know him, the more I am ok to wait. And waiting is now not just an action, but an attitude of my heart in trusting him. I will end with this: Isaiah 40:31 NAS Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength;They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.

No comments: