Nov 21, 2008

Endurance

It is great when there are days that are filled with laughter and joy. However, we all have those days that are not, that we really have to push to get through them. When faced with those days, I have been encouraged by the words in James.

1: 2-4 “Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. 4And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing”. NAS

It is amazing to think that our trials can be used by the Lord to draw us close to HIM, and to produce in us this kind of endurance making us complete. I have been reflecting on the endurance Jesus had to face-- the cross-- a trial I will never have to face because he did it for me. Yet, these trials I face produce that same endurance Jesus had. WOW.

“1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart”. Hebrew 12:1-3 NIV

I pray today that at whatever crossroads you find yourself, you will have the strength to consider it JOY and know it is producing endurance in you.
(from my devotion at work I am writing)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

o my how did I miss that you guys have a blog.
you better update soon, this was a good one.